Tuesday 27 September 2011

Well I finally got around to doing a new card. Things have been so busy recently that I have not had time to spend crafting and I have most definetly missed it.

But before I go onto my new card-a belated 'Happy Birthday' to my baby brother Rob. At 42 he is the baby of the family. Here are a couple of photos of Rob-here with his wife, Lisa, this year at her 40th


And here at his 40th proudly wearing the 'Munro' tartan

I see Rob as the calm, wise sibling who is always there when you need him. Rob loves to paint in his spare time but really does underestimate his talents. I am the proud owner of 3 of his paintings and am often asked who the artist is. He works hard and has a great job with the 'Munro Managing' talent! I love him dearly and hope he liked the card I made him (look at my last post to see it).


This week I had a card to make for a friend's son, Gabriel. Now I haven't known him for long but he is one of the most creative kids I have met. I went to have a cuppa with his Mum and he and his sister, Chloe, were in the garden making all GI Joe and GI Jane would need if called up for battle-guns, backpacks, tents and they also had a zip wire made from the washing line-pretty cool! I have seen him building go-karts and battle ships. Gabriel also like dinosaurs so I decided I would make this a dinosaur themed card.


For this I have used a dinosaur image from my collection coloured using promakers, the balloons are a craft creations wordy rubber stamps and coloured with promakers again. Bakers twine is used for the string and the fab paw ribbon you have seen before but still so adorable-not sure dinosaurs have paws but who cares! I inked the edges of the orange paper with destressed ink.

So lets hope Gabriel likes his card. My next challenge is to make his sister a card-she is a tomboy but also likes dolls and sparkly things. She recently went to a 'Stars War' party dressed as Princess Leah in a camoflage outfit!!! mmmm Princess Leah in a camoflage dress-lets see how I do-watch this space....


No comments:

Post a Comment

//