Saturday 3 December 2011

Sparkly Saturday

Another Xmas card to share. This one is for a sparkly Xmas. And here you are:

You can't see too well on the photo but I have layered the ribbon-a thin blue ribbon on a thicker silver ribbon-I got this idea from watching a craft show on T.V. I thought it was such a simple idea but looked effective so decided to give it a go.

I have been making a crafty Xmas present that has taken up most of my time (I will share soon!) but yesterday I decided I needed to get another Xmas card made. I have had this snowflake for ages and have been wanting to use it on a CAS card so looked through some challenges to get inspiration. I found smowflakes and bling challenge at CCEE Stampers and a ribbon challenge at DYSU . Both perfect for this card.

Today I am having a new kitchen floor laid so there will be lots of drilling and smashing so I am off to a local craft fair to see if I can find some craft stock and later I will tackle that craft Xmas present and hopefully do one more card. The end of the day will be a G and T and a movie with hubby.
So that is my Saturday-what are you up to?


Used in the card:
Memento ink
Stampendous clear mini holiday stamp
Woodware stamp
Whispers 'starry starry night' ink
Stampin' up paper
Kanban bling gems
x

3 comments:

  1. Sandie, Hope the floor installation goes off without a hitch! I'm off today to take Collin to First Reconciliation Class. He'll make his First Communion this spring. Early morning for him as he's my sleepy head.

    I love the glittery snowflake! It is beautiful and the ribbon accent is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love a sparkly Christmas! I also love a CAS Christmas card too so this is so pretty :)
    Good luck with the floor! I especially like your ending to the day - it's the same as mine! :D
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete

//