Sunday 15 April 2012

The Wonder of Books

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

My card today is for my sister, Tina, who is the Manager of a library in Hampshire. It has just finished a re-furb and will be re-opening on Thursday. This card is to let her know that we are thinking about her and hoping it all goes well.


I didn't just want to put 'good luck' on the card. I thought about what her job was and how important libraries and books are and I came up with the sentiments on the card because books........not only help us to improve our memory, they inspire us and allow us to dream!

I am entering this into the challenge this week at Cas-ual Fridays which is based on 'opposites attract'-using opposite colours on the colour wheel:



My cousin Lynn has just been chosen to be one of their DT from May, so this post is a congrats for her too!

The bright, spring colours I have used also make my card suitable for the challenge this week at Rogue Redhead designs (spring fashion colours) and the 'brights' challenge at One Stitch in Time

Well I am off for a relaxing evening as this week we are continuing with our community allotment project and tomorrow sees me filling boxes with compost and then Tuesday we have a gardening training session. I need this as I have never planted seeds before and have no idea what I am doing. Although I now have bright green gardening gloves........well I don't want to ruin my nails!!

Hope you have a good week x

10 comments:

  1. great card. my high school colors were purple and gold... makes me think of those days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun use of colors!! Really cool design :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Don't forget to like our facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you added the sentiments. This will be perfect for Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright colours and fab card :o) Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool and effective! Love the use of colors and images! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and thoughtful gesture . . . I'm sure your friend will appreciate it. Brilliant use of colors!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad that you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! Thanks for playing with us this week at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (OSAAT DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Love the great book theme!

    Thanks for playing the Spring Colors Rebel Challenge at RRD!

    ReplyDelete

//