Monday 9 July 2012

JUGS #144

Another week is here and I hope you have a good one.

Yesterday we spent all afternoon watching Murray at Wimbledon and what a game! We were disappointed he didn't win but he played really well and the emotional speech at the end was so moving......who knew he had a heart??

I haven't played along at Just Us Girls for a while. This week Lynn is the host for the sketch challenge. Here is her the sketch:



I was inspired by Lynn's take on the sketch and wanted to try out her method. You can check out here card here. I liked the way she had inked the flag rather than use paper but I also had no idea how to do this but had a play around and after making a template came up with something I was happy with. This is a 10cm/10cm small card which I haven't used for a while but a great size for popping in the post.



Have a happy Monday x

4 comments:

  1. You inked the banner to perfection Sandie. I love all the gorgeous purples and the beautiful flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is divine! Love that little bling! Sweet and subtle, I love it! Those flowers I stamped were just like you thought. I started with the biggest image in the darkest colour, then layered the smaller images with the lighter shades after that...just stamping randomly. Then I stamped the flowers on the cardbase in the same way, just stamping off once so they colours are a bit lighter...although, I'm not sure one can really tell. I think I should have lined up the flowers better so the top layer matches the bottom, but I think it still looks okay :) Hugs to you! Do you have Olympic fever yet? It was so fun to have them in BC here 2 years ago. I didn't go to any live events, but we could definitely feel the excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just perfect! The banner is perfect, as is the blooming big bloom. Sometimes simple is the best way to go. I have yet to learn that! Sorry about Murray. There's always next year. Although don't really get such abstract optimism, seems to be the polite thing to say. Ok, now I'm rambling like a madwoman. I'll stop!
    (Jugs? Really?!)
    Stopping now ... over and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card!!! LOVE the colors you've used--and your banner is amazing! This is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

//