Thursday 23 January 2014

Time to take Time Out and sneak a peek 2!


Hello crafting friends,

It is time to for you to take a sneak peek at our second challenge at Time Out Challenges. Today the fabulous crafter Lynn has a card to inspire you! I know you want to take a peek at Lynn's card and find out all about our next type of challenge. And to do that you just need to click here and take just a little Time Out!!

I also have a couple of cards for you today. The first one was inspired by the sketch at Crazy for CAS. I saw this sketch and knew exactly what stamp would be perfect for it! I think this grunge stamp set from STAMPlorations is becoming one of my favourite. I decided to make this into a Valentines/love card by adding some kissable lips...thanks to glossy accents and Fresh Squeezed Stamps!





I am also going to enter this into the following challenges:
Dynamic Duos-pink and pool party. I don't have a baby pink colour so I am hoping this will be o.k
CAS on Sunday-lovey dovey (such a cool name!)

I don't usually post 2 cards in one day but I realised that the deadline for CAS(E) this Sketch is this morning. I liked this weeks sketch but hadn't really thought of an idea until I saw the really fab code word at CASology this week-Contrast-the DT have made 2 cards one that contrasts the other. I thought this was a unique idea and really got my mojo in gear. I decided to follow their lead and looked through my cards on Flickr for a non CAS card (I had to go back a long way!) and then did a CAS version of it.
Here is the CAS version using STAMPlorations stamps:


The original was posted in Dec 2011 and here it is, same colour scheme but definitely not CAS! Plus this time my dancers are not digi images but heat embossed to give texture. This was such a fun challenge, I may have to do another 'contrast' card!



And before you leave, don't forget to see what the lovely Lynn has created for our sneak peek at Time Out Challenges

Sketch from Crazy for CAS         Sketch for CAS(E) this Sketch


                           

24 comments:

  1. Ooh, those are fabulous luscious lips, Sandie ... the bright pink with the soft blue is a brilliant combination! Your CASified card ... simple and elegant, the sheer ribbon's a lovely soft touch with the bold black silhouette! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Sandie! The look of collage stamping in the first card is very fun and I love the elegant look of your CASology card -the heat embossing really makes the couple stand out from the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab makes today and I am LOVING that GRUNGY image ..... to the point of checking out their website - thanks for the pointer

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Sandie! Love the luscious lips with the grunge, and I love your CAS version of your couple card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards....I love the dancing silhouette stamping and you know I love all the stamping goodness on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards Sandie, the silhouette is fabulous. How func that both you and Lynn are both of this DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've seen any of your not CAS cards, you say you had to go back to 2011 and that was "before my time". Love how you "CASEd" yourself for this challenge! I also like your first one - a real "Sandie signature" card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh..Nonni! The first card is so pretty pastel with the lips :) The second card is so Gorgeous in white with the couple dancing! Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your CAS cards are so lovely, Sandie! I love love the sophisticated design on the first! The CAS approach on the 2nd is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards! I love the sentiment on the first (great job with the sketch)! The second is so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabby Sandie! I love the randomness of the first one and the silhouette of the second! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the stamp, Wow!. Thanks for joining crazy for cas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first card is just so YOU! But I like both. So, please don't make me choose!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the drama of that silhouette against the pretty shimmer! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Love seeing the CAS version of your card! The first one is gorgeous but the second stripped down card is equally as fabulous - clean and classy! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous cards!! I love how you made a CAS version of your earlier card, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Wonderful the way you've used the sketch with only using stamps! Thanks for Joining Crazy for CAS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card for our challenge CAS on Sunday!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge!
    Mariken xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards -- that silhouette is very fun!

    ps - my jar was sponged with a dauber

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such fabulous cards, love that you joined in making 2 cards this week. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow two beautiful cards love the first one so clever only using stamps for the sketch. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday and crazy for CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous - congrats on on your top 3 at crazy for CAS, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete

//