Friday 15 August 2014

Enough is Enough!

A very happy Friday to you all,

Today I had an idea that was inspired by the colours in the Fusion photo this week and the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch. I also wanted to enter the 'Shades of Summer' challenge at One Layer Simplicity Challenge using shades of summer #5 (see below).

This was meant to be a quick stamp and go card but I kept smudging ink, not stamping properly, just about all the inking mistakes that could happen did! This is about my 5th attempt and still I am not that happy with the stamping however no smudges on this one and in the end I decided...enough was enough!

By the time I had finished making this the light was beginning to fade but I was taking the photo and posting this today! 

So here we are:


I decided to use the orange and yellow of the Fusion flowers plus the green from the leaves-my green has some sparkle! These gorgeous butterfly stamps are from Uniko Studio.

I realise looking at this now if I had followed the exact position of the circles in the sketch it would have worked better, I think? But, guess what....enough is enough!!

I will be back tomorrow with my DT cards for Inkspirational and Addicted to CAS. I hope to see you then!

          




15 comments:

  1. We are always our toughest critics! I love how you stamped the solid images in conjunction with the outline images. Those Uniko stamps are truly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how irritating it is when stamping goes wrong, but I glad finally u finished this beautiful card, I like the solid yellow butterfly and black butterfly don not overlap exactly :) looks so cool !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do I know that feeling... You got an idea, you know what to make, but it just doesn't happen. But it did finally! I love the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your final attempt is lovely - offsetting the solid butterflies is very effective. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design Sandie. Love the beautiful orange and turquoise butterfly ... and the two butterflies that are off-set from the solid image - awesome! Glad you persevered with this one ... so worth it! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie, this is gorgeous! Don't worry about the positioning, your version is beautiful, too! :-) I love the offset yellow butterflies, lovely effect! Thanks for joining us at Fusion (we're chasing that Linky now).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandie. It can be so frustrating with things keep going wrong. By the time you have pulled all of your hair out and ground your teeth down to the gums things do come right. Gorgeous card and amazing stamping. I second what Mrs. T. says above, so glad you persevered. tfs.
    Hugs, Flo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you layered the butterfly stamps! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely, Sandie ... and so worth all the effort! The delicate outlines over the bold yellow solids are gorgeous ... love the touch of shimmer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way of combining those three challenges! Again beautiful butterflies and design! Hope you have e fun weekend! (maybe a little less rain near you?) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' those pretty butterflies ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perseverance ... the secret to a GREAT card! Well done, Sandie.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is divine! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!! So glad that you were inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your frustration and hard work paid off! This is a really fun and happy card!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the OLS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good thing you didn't give up on this - this is a great card! I love the colours and the beautiful stamping. xxx

    ReplyDelete

//