Friday 22 August 2014

Happy Birthday Nonni....Time to Party!

A very Happy Birthday Nonni!

It is time for us all to celebrate our friend Nonni. Yes, Nonni we thought you deserved a crafting party for your special day. A few of us have got together and are having a linky party for you.

Those of you who are reading this and do not know of Nonni's blog Korttikarkuri, I urge you to jump right over there and be inspired. Those of you who are here to link up your card....go right ahead and link up below!

Nonni is one of the best crafters I know. She is superb at colouring. I call her the colouring Princess! But lately she has shown she can turn her hand to all styles. She now makes outstanding CAS cards which I swoon at. Aside from her crafting genius she is a wonderful member of our crafting world, working on a number of DTs and always at hand to help and encourage others.

I am lucky enough to have met Nonni IRL when she came to stay with me in May this year. We have become very close friends and she is the most loyal and loving friend anyone could ask for. 

Nonni I am so pleased you are part of my life and we are here to celebrate you!

Here is my card for you:


I had to go with flowers as Nonni loves flower stamps. This is from the new release at Uniko Studios-I love this set, so easy to stamp and perfect for my CAS style. I chose this sentiment especially for Nonni as it is from a set of stamps that I saw Nonni use and I contacted her for the first time and from here we started to chat....and the rest is history!!

I will enter this card into the 'Special Occasions' challenge at Uniko Studio

This linky will be open until 12th September, so please join in the fun and say a very Happy Birthday to Nonni!

25 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful birthday card! Love this sweet flower Sandie --- fabulous colors and I love the bright enamel dots. Thanks so much for organizing this wonderful tribute to Nonni!! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sandie. Thank you for organising this party for our Nonni.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie, thank you for hosting the party for Nonni! I think your card is so enchanting and Nonni will love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandieeee!!! We were just talking, thank you so much for the lovely birthday call I received! :) I'm so happy I've got a special friend like you. I hope we get to meet IRL soon again. This linky party is so much fun and I'll now start looking at everyone's cards! Thank you dear friend, love you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Sandie! Love this CAS design and fab sentiment! Thanks for hosting this linky party for Nonni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Sandie, I love it! Thank you for organizing this surprise for Nonni and for inviting me, I appreciate it. And you're right, Nonni is a real gem, and so are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sandi! how thoughtful of you to think what Nonni likes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty card and a wonderful sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh...this is simply perfect. You know I love every last CAS detail that shouts your fabulous style Sandie and the sentiment makes me smile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those sweet flowers and the color combo :) thank you for organizing this lovely party for Nonni, I am sure she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Sandie, perfectly CAS and a beautiful sentiment that I am sure Nonni will LOVE. Thank you for organising this and also joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting this party for Nonni! So much fun to see all these cards! Yours is super CAS again! Great combi with the black! Enjoy your weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much, Sandie, for hosting this party for our sweet Nonni! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect stamping - I love the black flower with the turquoise and the enamel dots are beautifully placed. Great job Sandie and great job too for organising the party - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the perfect birthday card for Nonni, Sandie! I love how you placed your flowers and the colors are so pretty! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice of you to help make Nonnie's birthday so special! Thanks for Hostessing the Linky Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous birthday card...I love your sweet bunch of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card for Nonni is gorgeous Sandie and thankyou for hosting a fun card party :) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fabulous, Sandie ... love how you combined Nonni's love of flowers with your fantastic signature style ... simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for being such a great party host! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another CAS perfection from the Queen! Well done, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card for Nonni! Love your CAS design as always Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a beautiful CAS card, and I think the card is extra special since you used the sentiment that brought the two of you in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your CAS card Sandie! Love the layout and the one rounded corner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. GOR-GEOUS card you've created for Nonni, Sandie! Cas, pretty, delightful and perfectly suited to Nonni's personality, infused with your style! Awesome!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oops... you go through all the trouble to create a party, Sandie, and I forget to link up my card. Hope it's gotten to Nonni by now. Here's my post:
    http://rieslingmama.blogspot.de/2014/09/cupcakes-and-markers-and-glitter-oh-my.html

    ReplyDelete

//