Sunday 17 July 2016

AAA Cards #69-Stash Favourite

Hi All,

We have a fab new challenge at AAA Cards for you today. We are asking you to make 'Clean and Simple' cards using your stash favourite.

Here is my card:


I use butterflies quite a lot on my card so do have a few left overs in my stash and here I have used 3. I layered them up. The top one is actually wooden and has been in my stash for a long time now. I embossed the base card to give some texture and then added some clear stickers for the sentiment and the black whirl line. I am amazed how much I like this card. Stickers and wooden elements are not things I would normally use on a card plus I can't remember the last time I used this embossing plate. So I am pleased this challenge.....challenged me to step out of my comfort zone but still make me create a 'CAS' card.

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the very talented Ksenija. I have been following Ksenija for a long time now and am always amazed by her creativity. Take a look at her blog, Sweet Kobylkin, and you will see what I mean!

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2016/07/game-69-one-stash-favourite.html

We are sponsored for this challenge by Stampendous

Stampendous

The winner will get a $20 gift voucher to spend in their amazing store.

Your turn now to have a hunt through your stash and make a 'Clean and Simple' card.

Enjoy x


18 comments:

  1. Love that EF you used and the purple is soooooo beautiful, Sandie!!! And that black whirl line is just fabulous!!! The layered butterfly going over the edge is stunning and your card has a wonderful CAS look!!!! So lovely!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wooden butterfly is so pretty - I'd have kept it in my stash just to look at lol!!! Fabulous card Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was patterned paper so I had to zoom on in. The embossing gives the card so much movement. I love how it makes it feel like the butterflies are zooming around the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card from the colour and embossing right down to the butterfly. Love that idea of the wooden one on top of the plain one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card hon! I think the embossing plate you used is fab and really works well with the butterflies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all that movement from the embossed swirls and curly line. Plus there's butterflies and purple - just heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Sandie and love the layered up butterflies and texture to your card. Might have guessed you'd go for purple! Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Sandie! Though this might be next-door to your comfort zone, it works beautifully. The embossing is fun, and those layered butterflies are so sweet. Your card turned out perfectly; I just love this!! (say hi to Miss D. from me!) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable...love your background embossing, just perfect for you sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, Sandie! Purple & butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the embossing and pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful design Sandie. Love the texture of your dry embossed background. Your layered butterfly is so pretty. And love seeing your favourite colour too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Butterflies! That's true, you use them often. Love the way you make simple things look beautiful, Sandie. So glad to join you as GD for this game - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feminine and delicate, with the perfect spot picked for the butterfly. Can't remember having seen this embossed pattern, it's lovely, one you should use more since you have this treasure in your stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, and I love your stacked butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous, Sandie ... the layered butterfly is just a delight, fluttering around the embossed purple base ... so very pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your layered butterfly and the EF creates such a beautiful background for fluttering. Shades of purple are my favorite. It's so fun to combine things from your stash to create something you love. Beautiful job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the embossing in the background and the beautifully layered butterflies is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

//