Thursday 1 June 2017

CASEing Arydth!

Hello there,

Have you seen Ardyth turned 50 this week! A very Happy Birthday young Lady!

Over at Muse there is a fun challenge to CASE one of Arydth's card. Ever since I have been crafting Arydth has been an inspiration to me and I have CASEd many of her cards. I especially like her CAS graphic cards.

I have so many I would like to CASE but time may not allow this week. However I did make one yesterday and am so happy with how it turned out.

Here is is:


And here is Arydth's card I CASED:


The elemnets I chose were:

-a square card (so unusual for me and I did struggle to get the measurements right!)

-the placement of the sentiment-I have had this sentiment for Father's day on my craft table so hunted through the cards I had tagged of Aryth's card and found one that suited this style of sentiment.

-the rainbow strip-here I used the STAMPlorations grunge stamp and repeated stamping it in rainbow colours on a separate piece of card and then just attached it to my main panel. I decided not to add a black stripes as these grungy stripes are less graphic than Arydth's card.

-the placement of the sequins but I went for coloured enamel dots instead of sequins as for my card I think this looked better.

Wow, you can see I was totally inspired and thank you Arydth for being a continual inspiration! And heh, 50 is so young!

I will also enter this into:


     


16 comments:

  1. Simply brilliant card! Combining rainbow colours is always a success in my opinion! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect CASE, Sandie. I can see why you picked that card to CASE. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CASE Sandie but you have still managed to make it your own!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CASE of Ardyth's card, Sandie. Love the rainbow colours at the bottom and all that glorious white space. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delicious strip of rainbow colour, Sandie ... so gorgeous with all that crisp white space ... a fabulous CASE! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card...love the bright and cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great CASE of Ardyth -- love your interpretation and the great colors, including your colored dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see that your card is a bit grungier...Looks so good!
    And she has so many great designs; is so hard to chooce :)...
    Hope you have a good and sunny day! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH! I LOVE this...your dad will think it is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally see Ardyth's influence, Sandie! LOve your version just as much!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, colorful card and a great take on Ardyth's card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should be pleased and happy with your CASEing of Ardyth's awesome card, Sandie! It really is sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! I just love that sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the watercoloured look of your rainbow stripes and that this design works for masculine cards, too! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and for joining my party at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool and colorful for the best dad there is. Hope you're safe in London...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow great card great design. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

//